Sunday, February 6, 2011

Concept Art - "Ari"

Finally got around to completing my first piece of the year, taking longer than I had hoped. Honestly I didn't know if I was going to finish this one - it was started near the end of last year and I revisited it earlier in January. I was getting very discouraged with trying to pose her properly (in my eyes).

Up until about last week I finally got her to the pose I wanted but had no idea what I was going to put her on (the reason why she was on a rainbow in the previous post).

Needless to say I finally figured it out. I'm very happy with how she turned out. Also happy with forcing myself to use the rotate canvas tool in PS5 more to my advantage and I fucking love it.

I posted a few older versions of how she came to be, plus a few images of the 3D portion. Hope you enjoy.


The completed piece.

Progress stage.

Detail.

No comments: